zaterdag 11 augustus 2012

Review: The King Blues - Long Live The Struggle

I am a big fan of the Transplants. Last year a friend of mine adviced me to check out The King Blues album 'Punk & Poetry' because he said it reminded him of the Transplants. Of course I did not do this right away because I used to be lazy like that but when I finally did... BOOM! I was blown away instantly by the variety, anger and amazing lyrics the album held. Without a doubt I can say 'Punk & Poetry' is my favorite record of last year and The King Blues became one of my favorite bands in general, despite of the fact I wasn't really into their earlier stuff. The more I was psyched about the new album 'Long Live The Struggle', which is unfortunatly their last installment because the band recently broke up.

Due to the fact that the band split up, which apparently took a lot of shit throwing along with it, there are a lot of mixed opinions and reviews about 'Long Live The Struggle'. I am not going to get into that, simply because I don't care what happened and just want to go for the music. And though that this album might not be as angry as their previous record it's still an amazing mix of punkrock, hip hop, ska/reggae, pop music and even some dubstep which made me fall in love with the sound of this band in the first place, just like the Transplants do. And to remain in their spirit, Tim Armstrong can be heard on the track 'Booted Out Of Hell'.

So the only problem I really have with 'Long Live The Struggle' is that it is The King Blues' last album. Bummer!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten