donderdag 9 augustus 2012

Review: The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

After the magnificent debut album 'Sink Or Swim', the ep 'Senor And The Queen' you didn't quite understand after hearing the follow up album 'The '59 Sound' and the third installment 'American Slang' that hardly got any plays by me it's time to get addicted again by the amazing sound of The Gaslight Anthem with their latest record 'Handwritten'!

Addictive because I got this album little less than a week now and it hardly got out of my cd-drive since then and same goes for my mp3-player where it's hard to pick another record to listen to because this pearl is in the playlists as well. Something I didn't expect after 'American Slang'! I mean, it was a good album, but in the end it didn't really caught me like their two previous albums did. 'Handwritten' is catchy as hell and has it all!

The slow songs, the fast songs, the acoustic songs, the happiness, the melancholy, the catchy hooks and the brilliant songwriting and lyrics. What more could you wish for? Maybe some bonus trac... oh wait, there are three on the deluxe version. One own song and two covers from Nirvana and Tom Petty which are also great.

For me this is the album of 2012 and if The Gaslight Anthem keeps on heading into the direction they set with 'Handwritten' The Boss can finally retire in a couple of years. Amen!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten